So what is value of delivering great customer experiences?
Customer experience and what it is all about
How do you make sure you provide excellent customer experience?
- What is your customer saying? It is important that you try to see and understand to what the customer is actually trying to say. Some just do not say it bluntly. You have to listen to how things are being said and read from there. Of course, some would just say things and not really know how to put the whole situation in words. With that, do not be afraid to ask any questions. It will help you understand what the customer is trying to tell you. By doing so, you would be able to respond properly and be able to provide any kind of help that he (or she) may be looking for.
- It can be true that your product or your service may not differ much from all other products or services out there. However, you have to make sure that you know much about your product and see just what is that special something that your product or service has. What makes you different from the rest? This quality will make you shine above the rest. Let your agents believe in your product. Allow them to use it and experience it themselves. By doing so, you are helping them explain what you are offering a whole lot better. Other companies simply train their agents to say the things that they are supposed to say. By letting them experience the whole thing first hand, you can expect them to really know how the whole thing works and what it can do.
- Build a connection with your customers. To be able to do that, you have to learn to listen to what they are saying. If you need to do small talk, go ahead and do such a thing and work from there. By doing so, you are learning more about your customer and you are allowing him (or her) to be at ease with you. You would then be able to tell them about what you are offering them. Plus, you should also be able to offer your product or service using specific characteristics or values that may just suit your customer based on his preferences or anything that he (or she) may have revealed to you.
- Allow your phone service agents to deviate from the spiels that you may have ready for them and learn to be spontaneous. Let them use their creativity and let them use their skills in creating good solutions to any issue that has been given their way. By allowing them to do so, you would be able to see just how better customers react to real conversations rather than those that have already been written.
- The very reason that customers go to you is because they need your service or your product – and you are good in offering it. Focus on that. Make sure that you are able to see just what they need and be able to provide that with excellence. Treat them as a friend and do not treat them as like any other customer. They are customers, yes, but speak to them as if they are someone that you already know. It will help you get your message across better and help them feel like they are really wanted.
- Use emotions if you must. Remember all those ads that you have seen? Which ones struck you the most? For most customers, as soon as their emotions are triggered, they will be able to remember that idea, that service, or that advertisement. Emotions are quite strong so make sure that you use that to talk to your customers.
Customer-centric businesses can create predictable customer experiences, which result in creating customer loyalty, which in turn build business. It is because they tend to focus more developing the right people who can best represent them. Customer experience is truly an investment that pays dividends.
Why should companies place more emphasis in customer experience this year? Share your thoughts with us today.