Written by: Jon Borillo
In this day and age, it is almost impossible to find an industry or a simple business that does not make use of computers or anything that makes use of such high technology. Computers have seemingly taken over our world in more ways than we can imagine. They have done such in a way that we did not notice that it had already happened. It just felt like one day, after waking up, we had come to realize that everything out there has some kind of computer technology running it or behind it. It was that subtle but it also had a really huge range.Try to find a place in the world that does not need computers to function. Most of the time, you would find something or some business that does not really need the help of computers in one way or another. However, most of the time, you would. This is how huge computers have come into our lives. This is how huge its scope has become.Of course, untoward things happen and they will happen no matter what. There are plenty of things that could go wrong with computers no matter how intelligent it may seem, no matter how it may seem like it may be thinking by itself already. Untoward things happen to people so the same should happen to computers. After all, people are the ones behind these machines so it can also give up or go bonkers. This is not something that you should be afraid of. This is not something to be frazzled about. See, it can really affect how life goes for you. If you are using computers for your business, you can surely feel as if the whole world has gone down on you. But there is no need to fear as computers can also be fixed. There will be a solution to each computer problem out there so there is no need to feel anxious. Instead, what you can do is you have to be prepared for this thing. Instead, what you could do is to make sure that you get technical support – so that proper maintenance can be done and when there is a need for some fixing, it can be provided as soon as possible too. You may get help from an outsourced call center in the Philippines has got to offer.
What is Tech Support?
Now you may ask just what this service is as you may have heard about it just now. In truth, technical support actually is about all kinds of services that are connected to customer support given to those who need help with regards to products that are connected to technology and computers. This should include help provided to those who may have purchased items like mobile phones and computers. It should also refer to the help given to those who need help with the television that they purchased or maybe even that game console that they have been looking at for years. It is known as technical support because it is really all technical – all the details and all the processes can be quite technical for an average user.
When a customer purchases an item that has some sort of computer system installed in it perhaps through an customer service call center or maybe a telephone inbound contact center located in the Philippines has to offer, they would be given contact information so in case anything goes wrong or in case they do need help in using it, help can be given as fast as possible. Users of such products can have problems using it because of technical glitches or perhaps there are some things that just are not understood by the user. The contact information given would allow them to communicate with the people behind the product. Most of the time, it can be directed to a help desk call center or a 24/7 customer support center so that all calls and issues would be handled well. There is a certain technical team there that has call center training and will be responsible for handling such technical issues.
Most help that clients get from this BPO provider or other call center companies like Magellan Solutions Outsourcing Inc. are given for free. These clients are users and they are entitled to the help that they need when it comes to the product that they purchased. Of course, companies that offer such products that have computer systems running them need to invest in a good company that can provide such help to their customers. This is where contact centers come in – as they have skilled and well-trained phone agents who can handle such concerns. Regular contact center employees may not be able to provide the right kind of help to customers as technical calls need a more specialized training.
There are different ways that these tech people provide help to customers. One of the first things that they do would be to do some troubleshooting techniques so they should be able to know how to fix any problems or issues that may arise. Although these customers are also provided with a troubleshooting and installation guide that comes when they buy the product, most of them really do not make the effort to go through the whole thing and read the provided information. What most of them would do would be to find the contact information and communicate with the company behind their product offers.
Companies often allow customers to contact them via phone, live chat, or even through email. Of course, it is important to keep in mind that there are times when the solution cannot be easily found via the usual means of communication. If all the troubleshooting techniques and steps have already been used up and yet the problem still exists, the agent handling the issue would then recommend a physical check up of the item. In some cases, the agent can set up a field visit so that a computer technician can come over and handle the issue personally.
Where do you look for an outsourced tech support?
It is not a secret – many companies out there who do provide products that run using a some sort of computer often invest in a good contact center that can provide the help desk and tech support. Of course, what these companies do not tell you is just where these centers are or what company they have invested in to help them out when it comes to customer care. This is because they are afraid of having their trade secrets stolen or their business tactics known by the competition. What they would only tell you is that they have a business office that houses all agents who would be providing tech support. That is all that they would tell you. They would not tell you the specifics of the whole thing.
Now, if your business is looking for a good contact center to invest in to provide the technical support that your business lacks, then it is high time that you started learning about the good places to go to when it comes to finding a good tech support call center that should be able to properly handle all kinds of troubleshooting and computer installation. What you need to do is be familiar with the Philippine call center industry as this Asian country houses a huge amount of companies that provides customer support and BPO services.
• Trade shows and conferences. These events or conventions are a good place to start when it comes to finding a good company that offers technical support services. You can start by going to a convention that focuses on your business’ industry. It should allow you to pick up a good amount of information on how they outsource such a huge portion of their business operations. You can also get to learn more about the companies that they have chosen. You can also find several companies that offer technical support services during these conventions. So it is best that you be part of that event.
• Online advertisements. If you are not a fan of online advertisements, maybe it is high time that you kept a good eye out for all those advertisements that may be coming right at you through your computer screen. You may chance on a good company out there that offers the services that you need for your business. These BPO companies that offer computer troubleshooting, computer maintenance, and technical support also do have advertisements online. So be sure that you give good attention to all those ads coming in.
• Directories. Are you not fond of directories? Then it is high time that you started making use of these places online to be able to find a good company to invest in. These directories can have a good listing of contact center companies that offer technical support services. That way, you get a good idea about companies that you can consider to invest in without having to do a lot of clicking just to get a good list. Of course, you have to keep in mind that not all companies join this list. So this is not an entirely complete list you will be getting.
• Referrals. Do you have friends who may know about the BPO industry in the Philippines? If you do, then go ahead and ask them about the industry and what companies he or she may refer to you. You would be able to get a good idea about the good companies out there and which companies you may not want to invest in. Friends can be good sources of information on such. Do not forget family members as well.
• Social media. If you have no idea how great the power of social media is, then this is the right time to do so. What you can do is you can use your personal account and create a post or a status asking people about the best companies to invest in when it comes to technical support for your business. You would be surprised at how huge the responses can be. The more public it is, the better chances you will get when it comes to finding good companies to trust.
What are the benefits of tech support outsourcing?
Why do companies really invest in this kind of customer help when they can really not spend money on this branch of the whole business operations? Well, tech support definitely comes with benefits that your business will be happy about.
• You get to keep your customers happy. Happy customers will become loyal customers. It is also important to keep in mind that happy customers will also be repeat customers and will also recommend you to their friends and family members. They will also sing praises of you to anyone and everyone who will listen. That would mean free advertising on your end.
• There is no need for refunds. When your customers are unhappy, they will ask for a refund. After all, a customer who does not get the product that you had advertised will be unhappy. Tech support will help them understand how the product functions and how to get the best out of it. Plus, refunds are going to hurt your business a lot.
• Problems are given solutions in a timely manner. Customers do not like waiting for a really long time. So once they call in with a problem in hand, tech support can handle the issue in a timely manner. The less chances of getting a grumpy or angry customer. The easier the problem is solved, that customer is going to be happy about his purchase and his decision regarding the product.
• Your business will flourish. What you do not know about tech support is that it helps your business flourish by creating a huge lot of happy customers. The happier customers you have, the better your business will be because money will start pouring in. this is your goal and this is something that you would want to happen. Keep in mind that a flourishing and successful business is definitely what you would like your business to be.
Have you thought about outsourcing your technical support call center to a reliable company? What are the results? Share your experiences with us today.