Myths About Healthcare BPO
A Peek into the World of Telemarketing Services in the Philippines
Amidst the pandemic, call center companies in the Philippines are still thriving.
The pandemic has revealed the strength of call center companies—also their role in maintaining a social bond between consumers and businesses.
But BPO is one of the industries that suffered due to COVID-19.
While most people can continue to make a living during the lockdown, some call centers need their agents to appear at work physically. They are somehow considered front liners for the economy.
Call centers are unique because they serve a variety of industries, such as healthcare and e-commerce. This poses challenges unlike any other to company owners. Managers must create policies and rules to help maintain their employees’ health.
Effect of COVID-19 on BPO Companies in the Philippines
The coronavirus outbreak wrecks many industries. It, in turn, breaks the world economy.
BPO companies are also affected by the pandemic; below are the figures of what happened:
- At the onset of the outbreak, the government strictly implemented a nationwide lockdown. This causes an unplanned cost worth P120 billion.
- National quarantine measures hampers BPO operations in over 50% of all sites.
- The IT and Business Process Association of the Philippines (IBPAP) measures that Luzon’s lockdown forced 58% of the workforce to work from home or in hotels.
- 253, 580 IT-BPO workers work under flexible work arrangements during the lockdown.
- BIEN’s survey result shows that around May 2020. 37.7% of BPO workers were floating or had without work or pay status.
- Lack of public transportation during the lockdown also becomes a significant issue for many.
Call Center Outsourcing Philippines Now
BPO helps sustain the Philippines’ economy.
But, due to the strict quarantine restrictions. BPO businesses find it challenging to maintain an average level of staffing. This is because of the lack of means to travel and health safety.
This, in turn, affected a lot of foreign businesses.
Since call centers play a vital role in the economy, the country’s pandemic task force provided the government with guidelines on operating.
This includes instructions such as the number of staff allowed to work—and social distancing measures.
Companies like Magellan Solutions quickly transitioned to a work-from-home setup. Others also implemented their safety policies in the office.
Also, most outsourcing companies have given help to their employees, such as financial aid and extra leaves.
Call Center in Manila
Other than our work-from-home setup. We have provided our employees with free staff housing and daily shuttle services. In that way, they will not worry about contracting the virus.
We also implemented sanitation stations all around the building. To ensure that our people are always sanitizing themselves.
You can ensure we always give our best to our employees and clients.
If you want to know more about us, fill in the information below, and our team will be with you shortly!
TALK TO US!
Contact us today for more information.