Shorten Your Response Time With Live Chat Support
Expanding Your Business With Multilingual Call Centers
Over the years, technological advancements have innovated business communication. This resulted in the birth of live chat, an essential website functionality. This support channel started as an alternative to email and phone calls, but as time passed, live chat statistics in 2020 show that it is one of customers’ preferred communication channels today. According to Forrester, more than 41% of customers expect live chat on websites.
The continuous success of the live chat made numerous businesses utilize it to meet the growing demands of their customers. This option provides clients with instant support and answers. With this, we looked into different resources to find out how live chat is accepted from the perspective of both businesses and consumers. Let’s look at the live chat statistics for 2020 to verify its status and benefits to businesses.
Key Live Chat Statistics 2020
Regarding mobility, live chat has become one of the main channels. This is mainly because of the continuous technological advancement that made people use mobile devices more often.
- On a global scale, 97% of consumers said good customer service is essential in choosing a brand to trust.
- Businesses started to use live chat support, especially in the US, where 47.5% of internet users prefer it over chatbots. They claim that chatbots provide many responses that do not help solve the problem.
- Live chat gained the highest customer satisfaction level, from 73% to 81%, compared to 61% for email and 44% for phone, according to Econsultancy.
- This channel is essential as 50% of users expect to see this feature on a site.
- Based on Finances Online’s live chat statistics for 2020, 67% of B2C businesses use live chat for customer support.
- 74% of B2C and 85% of B2B utilize it for sales. They also use it for marketing with 31% of B2C and 54% of B2B companies as it helps enable a more compelling conversation between a business and a consumer.
If you wonder if implementing live chat on websites is ideal, the answer is YES. 91% of customers globally want real-time assistance. Up to 21% of them prefer this channel as they can multitask while receiving the needed help from the agent.
Statistics by Industry
The use of live chat is continuously becoming more prominent in various business industries all over the world. However, it seems to be growing more on websites related to retail and e-commerce. This is true especially today when the world is going through a crisis, and almost every transaction is done through online purchases.
- Its impact also reached the travel and hospitality industry faster than expected. It increased the sector’s revenue by 16 million dollars in 2019. It could have been greater this 2020 if not for the pandemic, where we should avoid unnecessary traveling and going outside to stay as safe as possible.
- The insurance industry is another sector benefiting the most from live chat supportIn just 90 days; they can save up to 1 million dollars from call deflection.
The benefits of live chat are not limited to these business industries. It is undoubtedly extended to many more, but they are some significant beneficiaries.
Adoption Statistics and Usage
- There is a continuously rising number of live chat users, now at 24%. This is basically because of the waiting time. With live chat sessions, customers can get immediate responses compared to social media and email.
- Businesses become more aware of the possibility of getting more returning visitors to their websites when they provide a great customer experience.
- Because both companies and consumers are willing to embrace live chat, it is said that by 2021, it will be the top support channel, with 71% believing in its capabilities.
One of the main reasons for its fast adoption is high web traffic. It means your website has an increased number of visitors. Businesses must use it by offering instant and hassle-free customer support on their website.
Live Chat Vs. Phone Support Statistics
Phone support is considered the direct rival of live chat as they are both done in real time. It has been one of the best mediums for years. But as time passes, customers become tired of the long queues. Because of this, many noticed a considerable drop in the use of phone answering support.
- The number of people who would gladly want to chat rather than talk over the phone is increasing. The no wait time (34%), the convenience (26.9%), and the less invasive method it provides are some reasons consumers love it.
- Chatters spend 60% more per transaction than non-chatters. If you have phone support alone, you might lose much more than you know.
- Proof that consumers nowadays prefer live chat over phone support is that 82% of customers are satisfied with their live chat experience. It is a high customer satisfaction rate compared to other channels available.
Live Chat Customer Satisfaction Statistics
- The customer satisfaction rate on live chat stood at 83.1% and is continually rising.
- The Philippines at 91.71%, Thailand at 89.39%, and Australia at 87.46% are the top three countries regarding live chat customer satisfaction.
- It is proven that 62% of customers expect to see a live chat feature on mobile devices. 82% of them would gladly use it, proof that this support tool is practical and helpful to consumers.
- 83% of consumers even said they are willing to shift providers if they get a better customer experience. That is because it is one of the major factors for them in choosing a brand.
- In a study conducted by Software Advice, 46% of respondents said that they had used live chat once on a website. 37% have tried using it several times for a good customer service experience. And 38% of them become customers after getting help through live chat, giving you more reason to use it.
- One of the reasons why 79% of online users admitted that they prefer live chat is because they get quick answers to their concerns.
- 51% of online consumers love that through live chat, they can shop or do whatever they want during the conversation. It gives them more time to do other things.
- 46% agreed that live chat is the most efficient communication method.
- 63% of millennials prefer live chat to traditional channels. Conversing with a live person is one of the best features a brand can offer.
- Live chat increases the customer retention rate by 5% as it creates more satisfied customers. 73% of customers agreed that valuing their time is one of the most important things businesses should consider.
- When used correctly, live chat for customer service can bring you 120% ROI with payback in only six months.
Remember that having a live chat feature is not enough. It would be best to utilize it properly by providing a fast response time and a helpful support team for your consumers.
Live Chat Sales and Conversion Statistics
- Live chat can positively impact customer loyalty, sales, and revenue, as 79% of companies said.
- If a company offers live chat support, 38% of consumers are likelier to trust and purchase from the brand. It is while having the possibility of 51% of customers returning.
- 29% of customers who have an excellent live chat experience would recommend the brand to their family, friends, or colleagues.
- 38% of buyers purchase because of their experience in the live chat itself.
- Companies reported a 34% improvement in customer satisfaction and 2.6% in customer care costs.
- A study by the AMA found that live chat can be used efficiently throughout the customer’s journey. It includes improvement in marketing awareness at 29%, early-stage sales development at 32%, and post-sales customer support at 39%.
- Based on the Harvard Business School Report, the above statistics may increase revenue and profits by 25% to 95%.
- According to ICMI, the proper use of live chat may lead to a 48% increase in revenue per chat hour and a 40% increase in conversion rate.
With the help of these live chat statistics in 2020, we can say that live chat support can increase sales and boost conversion. Please make the most out of it when you outsource live chat with one of the trusted companies in the industry.
TALK TO US!
Contact us today for more information.